What’s New at Room to Grow?
COVID-19 – and what we can do – as of end of March 2020.
* We remain open, taking rigorous precautions to keep you and us safe – while offering you the get-away you, you and your partner or your family may need.
* Be assured we are wiping all surfaces with Government of Canada recommended products/procedures and ensuring at least a two day opening between bookings.
* As of 31 March the Province allows us to remain open – as long as we don’t book in parties who are not already intimate. If you need emotional space, a natural environment or a safe place to self-isolate, please contact us. We want the guesthouse to remain available to you.
* If we are closed as a commercial establishment, we want to remain available to you as a non-commercial retreat.
* Gas is now available in Boissevain (Boundary Co-op) by credit card at the pump so you need not interact with staff. Groceries are available as in any other community – necessitating prescribed precautions.
While we remain open as a business, we’re offering rate reduction options if you prefer to bring your own bedding and/or take away your garbage and recycling.
There is (as of 15 April, 2020) Wifi in the guesthouse.
Main Trail. The beaver have built up ponds so as to flood our main trail. You can get around, over the beaver dam at the far end and by fancy footwork on the near end. How dry you’ll be depends on how nimble you are and how much it’s rained. Rubber or hiking boots are advised in spring, summer and fall.
Sustainability Tours and Discussions (once the physical distancing procedures are relaxed).
We’re offering tours of our off-grid, solar powered home. We are also willing to arrange a time to sit down to offer design guidance to help inspire and inform your sustainability planning. Some aspects we have confidence in – are – building design, extreme weather gardening, greenhouse design and management, food storage, solar power conservation and design, captured water, earthen floors, rammed earth walls. natural cooling, low impact living, medicinal herb gathering, etc. Payment for the initial discussion / tour is by donation. Please visit the News & Blog section for stories and photos of our recent building project.
Welcome to Room to Grow Guesthouse and Get-Away
Room to Grow is situated on one hundred and sixty acres of organically managed, gently rolling, wooded land. Make the entire property your home – on the trails, in the clearings, by the ponds or in the garden. We’re open all year round. When you’re ready for an outing, you can visit nearby International Peace Garden, Turtle Mountain Provincial Park, Whitewater Lake Bird Habitat, Town of Boissevain and Souris River Bend.
Please also see www.vantagepoints.ca for intriguing stories of historical places to visit in Southwest Manitoba – including 20+ geo-cache sites.