Magdalene and David
- Certified Organic by OPAM (Organic Producers Association of Manitoba) 1995 – 2007. OPAM: (204) 748-1315 – no longer certified since summer 2007 – but still growing according to organic standards.
- Ten years with Mennonite Central Committee in South Africa, Saskatoon (Sask. Canada) and then Lesotho.
- Began Room To Grow greenhouse business in 1993 – expanded with the guesthouse in 2002.
- Certified ‘Local Food Plus’ in 2010 – see: www.localfoodplus.ca
- Honours BA from University of Waterloo 1982.
- Director on Mennonite Central Committee (Manitoba) board from 1993 to 1997.
- B Ed (After Degree) from Brandon University in 2000.
- Master of Education from Brandon University 2008.
- Qualified in FAST Reading Program, MathRecovery Program, Roots of Empathy, and Cognitive Coaching.
- Currently working toward EAL TCP (English as a Second Language Teacher Certification Program) through University of Winnipeg.
- Student Services Teacher in five small schools in Turtle Mountain School Division, including one small town and four Hutterite schools – Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Founding member of Organic Food Council of Manitoba in 2000 – a regional arm of Canadian Organic Growers.
- Co-Founding director of Turtle Mountain Community Development Corporation (TMCDC) – 1997.
- Founder/Chair of the Agriculture Committee under the TMCDC. 2002 – 2009
- Writer/Editor of the 2002 ‘Organic Food Guide to Manitoba’.
- Editor/Publisher of the 2004 ‘Successful Small Farms in Southwest Manitoba’ booklet.
- Co-Founder/Chair of Turtle Mountain – Souris Plains Heritage Assoc. 2005 – 2011
- Co-Reviver/Chair of Boissevain-Morton Farmers’ Market. 2008 – 2011
- Co-Founder/Leadership Team of Manitoba Farm Mentorship program of OFCM-COG. 2008 – 2011